Important Dress Code Changes for 2020-2021
Face Masks and Face Shields
- Per Texas Education Agency (TEA) guidelines, Ennis ISD will continue to follow our current COVID-19 safety protocols until further notice.
- All staff members will wear a face mask or face shield while in class, in hallways, or when unable to maintain the appropriate 6’ social distancing requirement.
- All students 4th - 12th grade will wear a face mask or face shield during school hours, with the exception of meals or at the direction of staff due to certain situations. (e.g., meals, playing musical instruments, physical activity)
- Masks include non-medical grade disposable face masks, cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth), or full-face shields to protect eyes, nose, and mouth. Face coverings shall be solid maroon, grey, black, white, or light blue and may include a campus or district-approved organization, campus or district name or logo, or feature the Lion mascot.
- These guidelines are subject to change according to guidance from the Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Ellis County Health Department, and any executive orders or directives from Governor Greg Abbott, to determine the community transmission level and use of face coverings.
There are currently issues with parents being able to purchase clothing to adhere to the EISD dress code. Some of those issues include:
- Financial issues due to pandemic issues
- Parents not feeling comfortable going into stores to shop
- Customers are currently unable to try on clothing prior to purchasing
The student dress code will be modified for the 2020-2021 school in the following manner:
- Appropriate jeans may be worn. Rips or tears in jeans cannot show visible skin above the knee.
- Appropriate windpants will be allowed
- Athletic shorts will be allowed but must be knee-length.
- Face coverings must follow the same color requirements as student shirts. Disposable masks are permitted.