DAVID CROCKETT EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
2022-2023 SCHOOL – PARENT COMPACT
WHAT IS A SCHOOL-PARENT COMPACT?
Our annual school-parent compact offers ways that we can work together to help our students achieve academic success. This compact creates an opportunity (agreement) for families and Carver Early Childhood Center to join forces at school and at home, to ensure all students reach the State’s high academic standards.
DAVID CROCKETT EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER MISSION STATEMENT:
Crockett Early Childhood Center will endeavor to see that each child leaves the school with a solid foundation for success throughout his/her educational career. To accomplish that main goal will require reaching other equally important goals: to offer appropriate curriculum, to instill the habits and skills that lead to success in school and life and to demonstrate appropriate modeling of those habits and skills, and to provide a caring, nurturing environment that fosters emotional and physical security for all children. Crockett Early Childhood Center will be dedicated to providing quality, innovative instruction that incorporates practical experiences; we will recognize the uniqueness of each child by implementing instruction that appropriately challenges and motivates every individual to explore, reason, and create.
SCHOOL’S RESPONSIBILITIES TO PARENTS/STUDENTS:
- Believe that each child can learn;
- Respect and value the uniqueness of each child and his/her family;
- Provide an environment that promotes active learning;
- Enforce EISD policies in the classroom and throughout the school in a fair and consistent manner;
- Assist each child in achieving the essential academic learning requirements;
- Document ongoing assessment of each child’s academic progress;
- Maintain open lines of communication with students and parents;
- Seek ways to involve parents in the school program; and
- Demonstrate professional behavior and a positive attitude
- Believe my child can learn;
- Show respect and support for my child, the staff, and the school;
- See that my child attends school regularly and on time;
- Encourage my child to complete all homework assignments;
- Visit school often and participate in school activities including parent/teacher conferences, parent workshops; volunteer
- Ask my child about his/her school day and ask questions that can’t be answered with just a yes or no;
- Encourage my child to read at home and apply all his/her learning to daily life
Encourage my child to get involved and participate in extracurricular activities.
- Believe that I can learn;
- Show respect for myself, my school, and other people;
- Always try to do my best in my work and my behavior;
- Work cooperatively with students and staff;
- Obey the rules in the classroom and throughout the school; and
- Come to school prepared with my homework and supplies