Public Information Requests
Welcome to the Ennis ISD Public Information home page. Through this page, you may gain access to publicly available information that is collected and/or maintained by the Ennis ISD. The District's public information is made available through the Public Information Act (the Act). The Public Information Act, Chapter 552 of the Government Code, generally provides that:
- Any person has the right to request access to government records or information.
- All entities defined as a "governmental body" in section 552.003 (1)(A) are subject to the Act.
- Certain information is protected from disclosure by the exceptions in the Act, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), or other law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision.
PLEASE NOTE: You will find a large amount of information is available throughout the Ennis ISD website without making a public information request and/or incurring costs; however, you may always submit a public information request to the District by following the appropriate steps provided on this page.
Requests made by e-mail or fax: The public should request information by contacting the Communications Department by email at email@example.com or by fax at (972) 875-8667.
Requests made by mail or in person: The public should forward requests to:
Attn: Public Information Request
303 W. Knox St.
Ennis, TX 75119
Note: The District may require you to provide proper identification to ensure that you have a right to access any confidential information requested.
Charges for Public Information
Under section 552.262(a), the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is required to adopt rules to be used by governmental bodies in determining charges for providing copies of public information or making paper records available for public inspection. These rules are at Title 1, Part 3, Chapter 70 of the Texas Administrative Code. More information regarding charges for information requested is available at district policy GBA and GRAA.
Helpful Suggestions for Making a Public Information Request
These are few tips to assist EISD in processing a request as accurately and efficiently as possible:
- Your request must be in writing; only written requests trigger obligations under the Act.
- Include your full name and contact information, including email address (if available). It is helpful to clearly label your correspondence as a "Public Information Request".
- Be specific and clear in describing the nature and scope of the information you are seeking.
- Your request should be for information that is already in existence.
- Governmental bodies are not required to answer questions, perform legal research, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis as such information is prepared in the future.
- We recommend that all requests be addressed to the EISD Communications Office.
- If you believe EISD has not responded as required by the Act, contact the EISD Human Services Department immediately.
- Please contact the Communications Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (972) 872-7000, or at the mailing address above with any requests, questions, or comments on access to records or information.